Monday, March 4, 2013

Orange



Let me tell you this
Even if it’s the last thing I say to you
This is not an orange.
This is an experience
Orange orange orange
Complete.
I peel through and
hidden under translucent skin
Wet with cold water
I bite into it
Lord, more orange flows down my chin…

Another bite
Who said you had to peel them apart?
Chew and spit
while thinking of a prince who wouldn’t laugh.
Curse of the citrons,
Morgana your underpants are a hoot.
A childhood story.

I bite in
Chew, spit, swallow

There is a feeling of waterfalls
and endlessness

there is electricity and hope.

Then again, this orange
Will be over soon
Morgana you enchantress
My hands will be empty

Savor savor
There is a funeral march beginning in italy
king of clubs, your son laughs no more
your imaginary kingdom in ruins

I hide away the mangled mess
as you walk in a tight tee across my car
followed by a girl half your size…

orange dripping down my chin
I leave off a small belch
and stare at a dirty ashtray.
embarrassed you look away

Write you must, you said
What should I write about?
Oranges for all I care…
But, write you must.

No comments:

Post a Comment