Thursday, April 26, 2012

Letters


I will love you like the fish that loves water. I will love you like the water that loves the shore. I will love you like the shore that loves the wave. I will love you like the wave that loves foot prints. I will love you even if the oceans turn to sawdust and the trees fall in the forest without anyone around to hear them. I will love you like the water that spills over and is drawn toward an important document. I will love you like the smudge that loves ink. I will love you like that human eye squinting to read the smudge. I will love you like the paper that holds secrets and is hidden for safekeeping. I will love you like the precious ear ring that drops to a drain and sends its wearer scavenging in horror. I will love you like the taxi that loves the muddy splash of water. I will love you like an iceberg loves a ship. I will love you like a band aid that slips into pie. I will love you with the innocence of fire that will ravage everything in its sight. I will love you like a pervert who possesses his stash of underpants. I will love you like crows love murder. I will love you like justice that stays calm when everything goes wrong. 


1 comment:

  1. like the memory of the smile that comes riding fragments of an old song....love that you are in love :)

    ReplyDelete