Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pause

It’s a damned drag when your

Brain and your words get

Weary and you stumble about

On a blank page

Time to collect my honors

Yet?

Or will I piss off everybody

And go for another

Twenty odd years?

(I could collect a few new rejection slips on the way)

but meanwhile, I believe I’ll take a

late dip in your spa in the

moonlight.

Its been a great run and, I think a

Worthy one,

So now I’ll follow my belly

Down the stairway and into your

Yard and into the bubbling water.

This precious thing isn’t over yet.

It could be that I am just warming up to the

Battle.

With you, with me, with life, with death

Itself.

I warned you long ago that I’d

Always be here to disturb your fondest

Dreams!

And now its into the foaming spa as

New poems

Begin to

Swirl and build

Within.

No comments:

Post a Comment